Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That explains a lot . . .

I was chatting with my roommates last night when I had a sudden realization: I live in Narnia.

Now you're all thinking to yourselves, wait, I thought Lindsay lived in Charlestown. Do I live in a secret, fantasy land too? So I've prepared a list of questions you can ask yourselves.

1. Do you enter your bedroom through your closet (or rabbit hole, secret tunnel guarded by a talking wall-painting, or phantom tollbooth)?

2. Have you ever had water begin to drip unexpectedly down walls on which you have a painting of some sort of waterway and then proceed to pour through the light fixture in your ceiling (or twisted a bedknob and found yourself flying through the window)?

3. Come the end of March have you realized you've lived through a hundred years of winter presided over by an inexplicably pale personage (or evil queen, sleeping princess, or Norse God of the underworld)?

If so, then you too might live in a magical kingdom.

It's kind of fun when you get used to it and it makes the frequent satyr sightings slightly less alarming. Now I'm just going to wait for a large Lion to appear and offer the encouragement and council that will help me solve all my personal and professional problems. Maybe I should brush up on my sword fighting skills . . .

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Haha, awesome :)

Brittmae said...

I will read whatever and wherever you type. Tell me its the new Narnia, and the not the old Narnia where the dragon scale jewelry cut off the arm's circulation (remember that? creeped me out as a kid).

And I like your book post...bc, you know, I like books as well. Although I too cannot remember the first book

lulu123 said...

you moved! both to narnia and to a new blog! is it totally a sign of my bad friendness that i JUST realized this? sigh...